Events / Training
View details of upcoming industry trade shows Roland DG will be attending, or find out more about Roland DG Academy Training Courses and more.Learn More
Visit Roland DG Care for a range of after sales support and customer care solutions or to download various support resources.Roland DG Care
News / Press
Hamamatsu, Japan, August 26, 2014 - Roland DG Corp has announced that its DWX-50 and DWX-4 dental mills have been validated by VITA Zahnfabrik H. Rauter GmbH & Co. KG (Germany) for use with the company's new hybrid ceramic material VITA ENAMIC®.
VITA ENAMIC® is a hybrid ceramic material, which combines high load capacity and aesthetics of a dental ceramic with elasticity of a dental composite. It is acclaimed in the industry for its resistance since masticatory forces are absorbed. VITA ENAMIC is finished without firing, which reduces labor and production time.
Paired with VITA’s ENAMIC® and Roland’s ZDB-100D/50D/30D milling burs, that developed specifically for dental hybrid type materials, such as VITA ENAMIC®. DWX-50 is the perfect way to extend material capability of dental labs. Five-axis simultaneous machining capabilities and a 5-station automatic tool changer streamline production, and its open architecture design allows seamless integration with commercially available dental CAD/CAM software and hardware.
Roland’s DWX-4 features 4-axis milling and an optional 4-position Automatic Tool Changer into a compact and easy-to-use production platform. Using with ZDB-100D/50D/30D milling burs, the DWX-4 can achieve an excellent accuracy and quality for VITA ENAMIC®.
For more information on VITA ENAMIC®, please visit www.vita-zahnfabrik.com.
02-Jul-2014 The new VersaEXPRESS RF-640 Wide Format Printer
Roland Introduces the New VersaEXPRESS 64-inch Printer, Designed for High-Speed Production and Superior Print Quality, All at a Smart Price
Sydney, Australia, July 2, 2014 - Roland DG Corporation, a leading worldwide provider of wide-format inkjet printers and printer/cutters, has introduced the new 64-inch VersaEXPRESS RF-640, a high-speed production printer that delivers outstanding print quality at an affordable price point.
"The new VersaEXPRESS printer line was designed to meet the demands of the competitive global marketplace by providing unmatched performance and value at a low price," said John Wall, Roland DG Australia President & Director. "Sign shops and print service providers worldwide, and especially in emerging countries, require affordable volume production solutions that will help them increase their productivity and profits. Offering high-speed printing, superior image quality, competitively low running costs and ease of use, the RF-640 is the ideal production tool for many shops."
The RF-640 features Roland's advanced print control technology for quality imaging and colour consistency. It is supported by a robust take-up system as well, which stabilises production at print speeds up to 48.5m2/h, with real, day to day production speeds of 13-18m2/h. Equipped with the new Roland Ink Switching System, the RF-640 further increases productivity by supporting unattended continuous printing. This unique system allows users to load a backup cartridge that automatically discharges ink to the printer when the primary cartridge is empty.
Other advanced features include an industrial high-performance print head, GREENGUARD Gold certified, low-VOC ECO-SOL MAX® 2 inks, and new optimised profiles which together deliver vivid, rich colors at an ink savings of up to 20%*1 when compared to previous models. Easy to operate, the RF-640 features the new Roland Printer Assist*2 system, which allows you to manage printer functions remotely from the printer. With this intuitive new app, you can also monitor the printer status and manage jobs comfortably from your iPad*3 for maximum convenience and efficiency. A redesigned front-loading ink cartridge unit provides easy access to cartridges while minimising the printer's footprint. Other key features include media loading levers positioned in both the front and back, and special media brackets that support even the heaviest media rolls as they are loaded into place.
*1 Results are based on Roland DG's comparison test between the RF-640 and RE-640. The numbers vary depending on the use conditions.
*2 Roland Printer Assist is a free downloadable app available from the iTunes*4 App Store and needs to operate on a WAN that the printer is connected to.
*3 iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple, Inc.
02-Oct-2013 Introducing the new Roland VersaCAMM VS-i
The World's Best Just Got Better - Introducing the new Roland VersaCAMM VS-i Wide Format Printer/Cutters
Power your imagination with the next generation of the world’s best-selling printer in the durable graphics market*1 – an advanced yet affordable wide format printer/cutter equipped with the new ECO-SOL MAX®2 ink and a range of productivity and usability enhancements to deliver the versatility and exceptional image quality sought by print professionals.
Sydney, Australia, October 2, 2013 - Roland DG Corporation, the leading worldwide provider of wide-format inkjet printers and printer/cutters for professional durable graphics, has introduced the new VersaCAMM VS-i Wide Format Printer/Cutter Series, including the 64-inch (1625mm) VS-640i, the 54-inch (1371mm) VS-540i, and the 30-inch (762mm) VS-300i.
"The new VS-i series continues Roland's rich history of innovation and builds upon the highly successful Roland VersaCAMM range - the world's best-selling printer in the durable graphics market," said John Wall, Roland DG Australia Sales Director. "Leveraging Roland's leading print and cut technology, renowned reliability, and ease of use, and then adding to this a range of powerful new features and usability enhancements, the VS-i is one of the most versatile and affordable solutions available, and will no doubt remain the world's favorite printer/cutter for durable graphics."
The VS-i series incorporates the new high definition, nickel free ECO-SOL MAX®2 ink, available in nine colours including CMYKLcLm, White, Metallic Silver and Light Black. The new Light Black delivers accurate reproduction of grays and skin tones, for flawless photographic reproductions and seamless gradients. The latest generation white and metallic inks offer higher density than ever before, plus approximately 1.5 times faster production speed for white ink, and up to 2 times the speed for metallic ink compared to the previous model. All this enables the VS-i series to produce a versatile range of profitable applications including durable outdoor banners, metallic print and cut labels, transparent window graphics, striking vehicle wraps and high quality fine art prints.
In addition, the new VS-i series has a range of usability enhancements including front loading ink cartridges for easy user access, and the ability to adjust cut settings during operation to improve accuracy and flexibility on long or complex jobs and achieve flawless cutting results. The integrated contour cutting on the VS-i series can produce graphics of any shape in one seamless workflow. Backed by a comprehensive Roland warranty program and a range of premium after sales solutions through Roland DG Care including Roland DG Academy training and Roland DG Creative Center, the VS-i is a complete print solution for your business.
VersaCAMM VS-i Series Features:
- Nine (9) colour eco-solvent wide format printer/cutter available in 3 models:
- 64-inch (1625mm) VS-640i
- 54-inch (1371mm) VS-540i
- 30-inch (762mm) VS-300i
The industry's most advanced latest generation print head technology for reliable and stable production, outstanding image quality and high productivity
- Innovative print head design fires droplets of seven different sizes, with settings that can be adjusted for specific media and print resolutions.
- Print speeds up to 26.9m2/hr (288.9sqft./hr) for high production print modes.
- Roland Intelligent Pass Control® precisely controls dot placement between passes for high quality images that are virtually free of banding.
- Roland automated ink circulation systemto dramatically reduce maintenance costs of white and metallic silver inks and deliver consistent output quality.
New ECO-SOL MAX®2 ink produces rich, vibrant colours
- Highly Durable, scratch resistant and virtually odorless
- Fast, consistent drying across prints for even colours and sharp images and text
- Supports coated and uncoated media
- Environmentally friendly with no nickel compounds
- GREENGUARD Gold certified
New ECO-SOL MAX®2 Light Black (Lk) ink
- Achieves accurate gray colour reproduction and seamless gradations
- Enhances the quality of subtle colours and skin tones which contain neutral colours
New white and metallic silver inks
- Higher-density White ECO-SOL MAX®2 ink delivers approximately 1.5 times faster production speed while producing brighter, more opaque white text and graphics
- Metallic Silver ECO-SOL MAX®2 delivers approximately 2 times faster production speed while the pigments are more reflective for maximum brightness
Five (5) different ink configurations of nine (9) colours including:
- CMYK plus Light Cyan, Light Magenta, Light Black, White (CMYKLcLmLk+Wh)
- CMYK plus Light Cyan, Light Magenta, Light Black, Metallic Silver (CMYKLcLmLk+Mt)
- CMYK plus Light Cyan, Light Magenta, White, Metallic Silver (CMYKLcLm+Wh+Mt)
- CMYK plus Light Cyan, Light Magenta, Light Black (CMYKLcLmLk)
- Dual CMYK (CMYK+CMYK)
Usability enhancements including:
- Front loading ink cartridges for easy access
- Ability to adjust cut position while cutting
Roland Print & Cut technology for versatility
- Prints and automatically contour cuts graphics to any shape
- Ideal for custom applications such as POP, floor signage, stickers, vehicle decals or apparel heat transfers
Latest version of Roland VersaWorks®
- Features built-in PANTONE® spot colour libraries to streamline the conversion process from PANTONE® to CMYK colours
- Includes a predictive ink calculator that estimates the amount of ink needed and printing time for each job.
- Roland OnSupport enables unattended printing by sending text or email messages to a smart phone or remote computer when a print job is completed or ink is running low.
- Comprehensive Three Year Extended Warranty with Roland DG Care support.
For more information the new new VS-i series, visit www.rolanddg.com.au/vsi
*1 InfoTrends wide format data - 2009 Q4 to 2013 Q1, Solvent ink and durable aqueous ink technology category
*2 The total number of inkjet devices shipped from the company as of March 31, 2013.